Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pascagoula, MS (Jan 2023)
- Pascagoula Solar Installation Cost: $14,876
- 25-Year Savings: $29,528
- Payback Period: 8.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pascagoula
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel company since trying to install solar panels yourself can be hard. Companies can also provide access to various kinds of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
Working with a professional solar installer can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Pascagoula
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pascagoula
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Pascagoula: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
When it comes to estimating the price of solar panels in Pascagoula, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are mainly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,640 for each additional kilowatt you need. The kind of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your power bills. In addition, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Pascagoula average.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Pascagoula homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Pascagoula is the company you get to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to install new cabinets, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.75||$11,532||$21,551||8.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.69||$15,080||$29,031||8.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.64||$18,480||$36,658||8.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.59||$21,732||$44,433||8.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.53||$24,837||$52,356||8.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.48||$27,794||$60,427||7.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.43||$30,603||$68,645||7.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.38||$33,264||$77,012||7.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover defective panels and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
EcoWatch's Pascagoula, MS Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.