Solar Panel Cost Guide in Wright City, MO (Jan 2023)
- Wright City Solar Installation Cost: $13,090
- 25-Year Savings: $16,196
- Payback Period: 11.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Wright City
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra time and know-how. For that reason, the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. In addition, if you'd like to maximize your investment in solar, using a solar company can help with that too. Different providers can offer repairs, expertise on installation and sometimes even information on local incentives, rebates and net metering programs.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Wright City
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Wright City
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that determine your overall cost in Wright City: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,590 per kilowatt in Wright City. The brand of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will largely affect costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more expensive. Further, solar equipment consists of more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when researching a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are provided by most installers in Wright City, which can bring down, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of sustainable energy solutions in Wright City, you'll have many options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$13,029||11.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$17,662||11.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$22,440||11.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$27,363||10.9 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$32,432||10.7 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$37,645||10.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$43,003||10.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$48,506||10.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar panel installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
EcoWatch's Wright City, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.