Solar Panel Cost Guide in Sullivan, MO (Feb 2023)
- Sullivan Solar Installation Cost: $13,017
- 25-Year Savings: $16,786
- Payback Period: 10.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Sullivan
DIY solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Taking advantage of a solar company can make swapping over to solar power much easier. The payback period on a solar system will vary based on factors like your location and energy needs, but going with a solar installer can shorten that period. Your provider will be able to help you apply for incentives available in your area.
Working with a vetted solar company can help your solar project go smoothly. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Sullivan
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Sullivan
For many Sullivan homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Sullivan, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your household, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,590. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In general, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular route because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you pick will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The company's size sometimes plays the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to more resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$13,598||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$18,421||11.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$23,389||10.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$28,502||10.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$33,760||10.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$39,163||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$44,711||10.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$50,404||9.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a good company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Sullivan, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.