Solar Panel Cost Guide in Rock Hill, MO (Feb 2023)
- Rock Hill Solar Installation Cost: $13,108
- 25-Year Savings: $18,723
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Rock Hill
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels on your own can be hard. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Rock Hill
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Rock Hill
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few key factors that affect your total cost in Rock Hill: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The kind of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably influence costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are a popular option because they cut back your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you hire to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating throughout Rock Hill, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$15,095||10.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$20,417||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$25,884||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$31,496||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$37,253||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$43,155||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$49,202||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$55,394||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one mark of a good company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and types of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Contract: When reading over your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Rock Hill, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.