Solar Panel Cost Guide in Richmond Heights, MO (Jan 2023)
- Richmond Heights Solar Installation Cost: $13,108
- 25-Year Savings: $18,723
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Richmond Heights
Although you can install solar panels by yourself, it involves extra energy and handiness. Because of that, most people choose to go with a solar panel installer. Local solar installers can also help you maximize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives and by providing warranties and repairs.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Richmond Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Richmond Heights
There are many factors that can play into your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,590. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you opt for the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, more efficient panels could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Richmond Heights average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Richmond Heights to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to a higher cost over time due to interest. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you pick will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Richmond Heights are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you make good use of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$15,095||10.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$20,417||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$25,884||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$31,496||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$37,253||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$43,155||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$49,202||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$55,394||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the kind of solar panels and the installation company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: Each company may offer different kinds of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about your solar system's energy production.
EcoWatch's Richmond Heights, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.