Solar Panel Cost Guide in Richmond, MO (Jan 2023)
- Richmond Solar Installation Cost: $13,199
- 25-Year Savings: $19,698
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Richmond
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a stressful project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Richmond, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Richmond
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Richmond
While the average cost of a solar system in Richmond is $13,199, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Richmond average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Richmond homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. Though solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Richmond homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you pick will affect your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$15,807||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$21,366||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$27,070||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$32,920||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$38,914||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$45,053||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$51,337||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$57,767||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract thoroughly to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: A high-quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Richmond, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.