Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pleasant Valley, MO (Feb 2023)
- Pleasant Valley Solar Installation Cost: $13,162
- 25-Year Savings: $21,136
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pleasant Valley
Installing solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming task, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar installer can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Pleasant Valley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pleasant Valley
Cost is typically one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Pleasant Valley: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are an affordable choice because they reduce your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$17,018||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$22,981||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$29,089||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$35,342||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$41,740||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$48,283||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$54,971||8.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$61,804||8.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type offers varying levels of quality, longevity and energy efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Pleasant Valley, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.