Solar Panel Cost Guide in Perryville, MO (Jan 2023)
- Perryville Solar Installation Cost: $13,072
- 25-Year Savings: $22,273
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Perryville
Installing solar panels yourself can be a difficult project, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to start using solar energy but still aren't sure which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers near you:
See all of the solar companies in Perryville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Perryville
There are a number of criteria that can play into your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The size of the solar energy system you need for your home, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,590. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Perryville offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing solar panels. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to pay a larger down payment, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can influence your pricing. Perryville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. The size of the company can sometimes play the most significant role in the installation costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$18,118||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$24,447||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$30,922||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$37,541||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$44,306||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$51,215||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$58,270||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$65,469||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: Look through the contract terms closely to make sure you understand the cost breakdown, completion timeline rebates and warranties.
EcoWatch's Perryville, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.