Solar Panel Cost Guide in Pacific, MO (Feb 2023)
- Pacific Solar Installation Cost: $13,072
- 25-Year Savings: $17,936
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Pacific
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can take a lot of hard work. Using a solar panel installer can make switching to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar installers provide can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some near you:
See all of the solar companies in Pacific
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Pacific
For many Pacific homeowners, the decision to install solar panels comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Pacific, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of installing solar panels. For that reason, it's important to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The brand and kind of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many Pacific homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the principal cost. Making a larger down payment or finding a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Pacific is the company you hire to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, you'll have many options for solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$14,478||11.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$19,594||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$24,855||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$30,262||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$35,813||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$41,509||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$47,350||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$53,337||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one sign of a quality company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Pacific, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.