Solar Panel Cost Guide in High Ridge, MO (Feb 2023)
- High Ridge Solar Installation Cost: $13,035
- 25-Year Savings: $17,972
- Payback Period: 10.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in High Ridge
Many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Companies can also provide access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you choose which one will be right for your family.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in High Ridge
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in High Ridge
For many High Ridge homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy rests on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in High Ridge, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,590. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. Usually, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are a popular route because they cut back your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for High Ridge homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will affect your total cost to make the switch to solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and find a company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$14,579||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$19,729||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$25,024||10.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$30,463||10.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$36,048||10.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$41,778||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$47,653||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$53,673||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in High Ridge, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be difficult, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it fully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar installer you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over around 25 years are the best you can get in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's High Ridge, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.