Solar Panel Cost Guide in Harrisonville, MO (Feb 2023)
- Harrisonville Solar Installation Cost: $13,017
- 25-Year Savings: $21,265
- Payback Period: 9.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Harrisonville
Trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be a dangerous task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a good reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Harrisonville, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Harrisonville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Harrisonville
Though the average cost of a solar system in Harrisonville is $13,017, your actual cost may differ. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to take into consideration.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,590. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Harrisonville, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Harrisonville to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's important to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will impact your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and go with the company that provides the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$17,325||9.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$23,390||9.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$29,600||9.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$35,955||9.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$42,455||9.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$49,101||8.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$55,891||8.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$62,826||8.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Harrisonville, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: It's important to read through your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running smoothly and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Reputation: Long-standing companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of offerings before deciding.
EcoWatch's Harrisonville, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.