Solar Panel Cost Guide in Grand River, MO (Jan 2023)
- Grand River Solar Installation Cost: $13,289
- 25-Year Savings: $23,610
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Grand River
DIY solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring a solar company can make your switch to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long term with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Grand River
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Grand River
There are several factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by around $2,590. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Grand River, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Grand River homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Grand River, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$18,903||9.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$25,494||9.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$32,230||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$39,111||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$46,137||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$53,308||8.5 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$60,624||8.3 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$68,085||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Grand River, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you'd like to install plays a part in which company you should choose, since different companies have access to different panels.
EcoWatch's Grand River, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.