Solar Panel Cost Guide in Florissant, MO (Jan 2023)
- Florissant Solar Installation Cost: $13,108
- 25-Year Savings: $16,687
- Payback Period: 11.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Florissant
Many homeowners decide to use a solar panel company since trying to put up solar panels by yourself can be hard. A solar company can also help save you money over time by offering warranties, repairs and component replacements.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Florissant:
See all of the solar companies in Florissant
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Florissant
The cost of installing a solar system in Florissant can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is your system size, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,590. The brand and type of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Florissant provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Florissant homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will affect your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$13,406||11.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$18,165||11.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$23,069||11.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$28,118||10.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$33,312||10.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$38,651||10.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$44,135||10.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$49,764||9.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Florissant, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.