Solar Panel Cost Guide in Black Jack, MO (Feb 2023)
- Black Jack Solar Installation Cost: $13,108
- 25-Year Savings: $18,723
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Black Jack
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it involves extra energy and know-how. For that reason, almost all homeowners choose a solar panel installer. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar company can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Black Jack, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Black Jack
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Black Jack
For many Black Jack homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Black Jack, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are various factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,590. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Usually, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Black Jack offer solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your all-in costs, so it's important to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Black Jack is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$15,095||10.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$20,417||10.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$25,884||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$31,496||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$37,253||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$43,155||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$49,202||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$55,394||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose greatly impacts your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and how long it will take.
- Reputation: Well-established companies likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Black Jack, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.