Solar Panel Cost Guide in Barnhart, MO (Jan 2023)
- Barnhart Solar Installation Cost: $13,035
- 25-Year Savings: $18,247
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Barnhart
Trying to install solar panels yourself can be a dangerous project, which is why using a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much your investment in solar could cost for your home. Here are some in Barnhart:
See all of the solar companies in Barnhart
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Barnhart
For many Barnhart homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Barnhart, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,590 per kilowatt in Barnhart. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Barnhart to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar system can influence the cost. Barnhart's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Barnhart are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.69||$11,313||$14,808||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.64||$14,794||$20,034||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.59||$18,130||$25,405||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.54||$21,321||$30,921||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.49||$24,367||$36,583||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.43||$27,268||$42,389||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.38||$30,023||$48,340||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.33||$32,634||$54,437||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands available to you, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because choosing a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and kind offers varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Make sure you understand how the installation process works and the project timeline.
EcoWatch's Barnhart, MO Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.