Solar Panel Cost Guide in West Lakeland, MN (Jan 2023)
- West Lakeland Solar Installation Cost: $14,353
- 25-Year Savings: $21,433
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in West Lakeland
Many homeowners choose to use a solar panel company since figuring out how to install solar panels by yourself can be a lot of work. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, especially if you don't quite know what kind of solar equipment would be right for your home.
Working with a vetted solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in West Lakeland
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in West Lakeland
For many West Lakeland homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in West Lakeland, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are numerous factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,840 per kilowatt in West Lakeland. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in West Lakeland provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. It's wise to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in West Lakeland is the company you get to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that offer a range of services at different costs. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$17,331||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$23,426||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$29,680||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$36,093||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$42,665||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$49,396||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$56,286||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$63,335||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: When looking through your solar installer's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or the company going out of business.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: If you're concerned about the durability of your solar panels, verifying that your installer offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can help put you at ease.
EcoWatch's West Lakeland, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.