Solar Panel Cost Guide in St Francis, MN (Feb 2023)
- St Francis Solar Installation Cost: $14,254
- 25-Year Savings: $22,210
- Payback Period: 9.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in St Francis
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it requires extra effort and expertise. Because of that, the majority of homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Companies can also offer access to quality options of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for you.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar panels. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in St Francis
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in St Francis
Although the average cost of a solar system in St Francis is $14,254, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are many factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
When it comes to estimating the cost of a solar energy system in St Francis, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are largely based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past electricity bills. Your overall cost can increase by about $2,840 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is difficult, solar loans are an affordable option because they lower your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for St Francis homeowners, they can also increase the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you hire to handle your switch to sustainable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in St Francis, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in St Francis have more knowledge about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for that service. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$18,088||10.2 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$24,435||10.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$30,941||9.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$37,607||9.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$44,431||9.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$51,414||9.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$58,557||9.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$65,858||8.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Even though there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's essential to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. See to it that you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's St Francis, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.