Solar Panel Cost Guide in North Branch, MN (Feb 2023)
- North Branch Solar Installation Cost: $14,353
- 25-Year Savings: $24,010
- Payback Period: 9.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in North Branch
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be challenging. The payback period of solar panels will vary depending on factors like your roof configuration and energy needs, but working with a solar company can shorten that period. Your provider will be able to help you get the most out of incentives available in your area.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in North Branch, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in North Branch
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in North Branch
The cost of installing a solar system in North Branch can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar company you choose.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have higher efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,840. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often have a higher price tag than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over time, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many North Branch homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. Even though solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for North Branch homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in North Branch, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-quality, high-efficiency and high-price products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$19,461||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$26,266||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$33,230||9.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$40,353||9.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$47,635||9.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$55,076||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$62,676||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$70,435||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: If you're worried about the durability of your solar energy system, making sure your company offers a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty can give you some peace of mind.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers have the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
EcoWatch's North Branch, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.