Solar Panel Cost Guide in New Brighton, MN (Jan 2023)
- New Brighton Solar Installation Cost: $14,353
- 25-Year Savings: $21,433
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in New Brighton
Although it's possible to install solar panels yourself, it involves extra effort and knowledge. That's why the majority of homeowners choose to hire a solar panel installer. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be right for your family.
If you're searching for a solar installer in New Brighton, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in New Brighton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in New Brighton
For many New Brighton homeowners, the decision to install a solar energy system comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in New Brighton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in New Brighton, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy consumption, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,840 for each additional kilowatt you need. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system out of pocket is out of reach, solar loans are a popular choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and sometimes even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose will play a role in your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$17,351||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$23,453||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$29,713||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$36,133||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$42,712||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$49,450||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$56,347||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$63,403||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a good reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from previous customers.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar system running for years to come and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
EcoWatch's New Brighton, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.