Solar Panel Cost Guide in Maple Grove, MN (Jan 2023)
- Maple Grove Solar Installation Cost: $14,314
- 25-Year Savings: $19,942
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Maple Grove
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels by yourself can be hard. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
You can get a free estimate from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Maple Grove:
See all of the solar companies in Maple Grove
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Maple Grove
Although the average cost of a solar system in Maple Grove is $14,314, your actual cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,840 per kilowatt in Maple Grove. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your power bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Maple Grove average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Maple Grove to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time due to interest. While solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for Maple Grove homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you go with to handle your switch to renewable energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Maple Grove, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$16,134||10.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$21,830||10.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$27,685||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$33,699||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$39,872||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$46,204||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$52,695||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$59,346||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should take into account, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Maple Grove, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.