Solar Panel Cost Guide in Linwood, MN (Jan 2023)
- Linwood Solar Installation Cost: $14,274
- 25-Year Savings: $22,810
- Payback Period: 9.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Linwood
Many homeowners opt for a solar panel installer since installing solar panels on your own can be a lot of work. Local solar installation companies can also help you optimize your return on investment by walking you through any local incentives you can take advantage of and by offering warranties and repairs.
If you're looking for a solar installer in Linwood, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Linwood
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Linwood
There are many factors that can determine your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,840. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Linwood provide solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar panels. It's a good idea to factor the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final consideration when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Linwood is the company you hire to install your solar panel system. Similar to choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$18,589||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$25,104||9.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$31,777||9.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$38,610||9.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$45,602||9.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$52,752||9.0 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$60,062||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$67,531||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the model of solar panels and the installation company you choose greatly affects your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need to get plays a part in which installer you should opt for, since different companies offer different panels.
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract fully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the cost.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can verify your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
EcoWatch's Linwood, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.