Solar Panel Cost Guide in Lindstrom, MN (Jan 2023)
- Lindstrom Solar Installation Cost: $14,353
- 25-Year Savings: $22,800
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Lindstrom
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of an installer can make converting to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar installers offer can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment you need.
Working with a professional solar installer can help you make the most of your investment in solar. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Lindstrom
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Lindstrom
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners considering investing in solar. There are a few primary factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Lindstrom: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll cover each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,840 per kilowatt in Lindstrom. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Lindstrom, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies operating throughout Lindstrom, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$18,455||10.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$24,925||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$31,554||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$38,342||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$45,289||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$52,394||9.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$59,659||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$67,083||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies to choose from in Lindstrom, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and models of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Reputation: Solar panel companies that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years in most cases offer quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to clarify any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Lindstrom, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.