Solar Panel Cost Guide in Falcon Heights, MN (Feb 2023)
- Falcon Heights Solar Installation Cost: $14,353
- 25-Year Savings: $21,433
- Payback Period: 10.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Falcon Heights
When going solar, many homeowners choose to use a solar company since DIY solar panel installation can be a difficult project. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and system component replacements.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Falcon Heights
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Falcon Heights
There are several factors that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,840. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you pick also affects the cost. In many cases, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Additionally, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over time, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Falcon Heights homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to offset upfront costs. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the total interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs considerably.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose will impact your total cost to make the switch to solar . Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in your costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$17,351||10.4 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$23,453||10.2 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$29,713||10.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$36,133||9.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$42,712||9.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$49,450||9.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$56,347||9.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$63,403||9.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are numerous companies available in Falcon Heights, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the best you can get in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract carefully to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about your solar system's energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and types of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Falcon Heights, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.