Solar Panel Cost Guide in East Bethel, MN (Jan 2023)
- East Bethel Solar Installation Cost: $14,274
- 25-Year Savings: $22,495
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in East Bethel
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a choice some homeowners opt for, but it's an undertaking that can be a headache. Going with an installer can make swapping over to solar power much easier. Some solar installers, especially local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in East Bethel, optimizing your ROI.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in East Bethel
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in East Bethel
There are many criteria that can affect your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like East Bethel, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or you don't have a lot of space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a solid choice because they reduce your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over five to seven years on average. Although solar loans make switching to solar energy more accessible for East Bethel homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate and how long you take to pay off the loan. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in East Bethel is the company you get to install your solar system. As with choosing a company to build a deck or pool, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that provide a range of services for different budgets. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$18,326||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$24,753||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$31,338||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$38,083||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$44,987||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$52,050||9.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$59,272||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$66,652||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you go with will impact not only your overall costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Warranty: A quality company stands out from other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Not all solar installers carry the same brands of solar panels, so the brand and type of panel you want can play a considerable role in the company you go with.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's East Bethel, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.