Solar Panel Cost Guide in Detroit Lakes, MN (Jan 2023)
- Detroit Lakes Solar Installation Cost: $14,373
- 25-Year Savings: $15,989
- Payback Period: 11.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Detroit Lakes
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners opt to go with a solar company since installing a solar system yourself can be a time-consuming project. Solar installers offer key benefits that can help you get the most out of your investment, like warranties, monitoring and free repairs.
If you're searching for a solar installer in Detroit Lakes, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Detroit Lakes
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Detroit Lakes
While the average cost of a solar system in Detroit Lakes is $14,373, your actual cost may differ. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. The type of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Detroit Lakes average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Detroit Lakes offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your total costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always lower the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to figure out the cost of solar for your home or business in Detroit Lakes is the company you choose to install your solar system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, there's no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$12,775||12.3 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$17,352||12.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$22,087||11.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$26,982||11.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$32,035||11.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$37,248||11.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$42,619||10.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$48,150||10.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Because selecting a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: Look through the contract terms thoroughly to make sure you understand how much it will cost, project timeline rebates and warranties.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you need to get plays a part in which installer you should choose, since different companies have different panels.
- Installation Process: When going solar, it's necessary to maintain an open line of communication with your solar installer. See to it that you understand how the installation process works and the project completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Detroit Lakes, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.