Solar Panel Cost Guide in Coon Rapids, MN (Feb 2023)
- Coon Rapids Solar Installation Cost: $14,274
- 25-Year Savings: $20,045
- Payback Period: 10.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Coon Rapids
When going solar, many homeowners choose to go with a solar installer since handling can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar installer can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Coon Rapids
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Coon Rapids
There are many factors that can affect your solar panel installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a few different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with higher efficiency or power generation use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,840. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Coon Rapids, where sunlight isn't as abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Coon Rapids to be prohibitively costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, nearly every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to higher prices over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's important to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you choose will play a role in your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. Additionally, some companies in Coon Rapids are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could help you save more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$16,278||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$22,023||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$27,926||10.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$33,988||10.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$40,210||10.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$46,590||9.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$53,130||9.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$59,828||9.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of companies available in Coon Rapids, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Solar Panel Brands: The brand of solar panel you want to get plays a part in which installer you should choose, since different companies have different panels.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
EcoWatch's Coon Rapids, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.