Solar Panel Cost Guide in Brooklyn Park, MN (Jan 2023)
- Brooklyn Park Solar Installation Cost: $14,314
- 25-Year Savings: $20,898
- Payback Period: 10.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Brooklyn Park
Installing solar panels on your own can be a stressful project, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also have access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you decide which one will be best for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Brooklyn Park, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Brooklyn Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Brooklyn Park
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who want to invest in solar. There are a few key factors that determine your overall cost in Brooklyn Park: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,840 per kilowatt in Brooklyn Park. The brand and type of equipment you want for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Also, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also raise the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Brooklyn Park, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you go with to handle your switch to green energy can have an effect on your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies operating in Brooklyn Park, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most considerable role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to more resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger names.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$16,931||10.6 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$22,892||10.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$29,013||10.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$35,293||10.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$41,731||9.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$48,329||9.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$55,086||9.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$62,002||9.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you choose will influence not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, such as:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, make sure you read it through carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will carry different brands and models of panels. If you prefer a specific brand, make sure the solar panel company you're considering has it.
- Installation Process: One of the most important things to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should acquire and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Brooklyn Park, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.