Solar Panel Cost Guide in Albertville, MN (Jan 2023)
- Albertville Solar Installation Cost: $14,174
- 25-Year Savings: $19,316
- Payback Period: 10.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Albertville
DIY solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Going with a solar panel installer can make your swap to solar power much easier. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our suggestions for providers in Albertville:
See all of the solar companies in Albertville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Albertville
The cost of installing a solar system in Albertville can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,840. The model of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to cost more. Moreover, solar equipment is more than just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when searching for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Albertville to be prohibitively steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans substantially decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also lead to a higher cost over time due to interest. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your all-in costs, so it's vital to include that in your estimate as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar system can affect how much you pay. Albertville's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Companies that only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come with an above-average cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fit into your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.95||$12,405||$15,794||11.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.90||$16,222||$21,377||10.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.84||$19,880||$27,119||10.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.78||$23,379||$33,020||10.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.73||$26,719||$39,080||10.2 years|
|16 kW||$2.67||$29,900||$45,298||9.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.61||$32,921||$51,676||9.7 years|
|20 kW||$2.56||$35,784||$58,214||9.5 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your solar system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a tough decision, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the project timeline.
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when going solar is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you should know with your solar installer, such as what permits you should acquire and how long the project will take.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies have various brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar company you're considering has it.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Albertville, MN Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.