Solar Panel Cost Guide in Yankee Springs, MI (Feb 2023)
- Yankee Springs Solar Installation Cost: $12,058
- 25-Year Savings: $22,447
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Yankee Springs
Many homeowners choose to hire a solar installation company since installing solar panels yourself can be a lot of work. Some solar installers, particularly local ones, can help you take advantage of incentives in Yankee Springs, therefore optimizing your ROI.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Yankee Springs:
See all of the solar companies in Yankee Springs
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Yankee Springs
Cost is usually one of the most important factors for homeowners wanting to invest in solar. There are a few major factors that will push your cost above or below the average in Yankee Springs: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll go over each of these briefly below.
System size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of installing solar panels. That's why it's crucial to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your energy needs. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are a popular choice because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your overall costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and in some cases even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you opt for to handle your switch to sustainable energy can play a part in your total costs. There are about 3 solar panel companies in Yankee Springs, and each can charge varying amounts for labor and equipment. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.92||$12,274||$21,492||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.87||$16,051||$28,971||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.81||$19,670||$36,607||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.75||$23,132||$44,401||8.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.70||$26,436||$52,351||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.64||$29,584||$60,460||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.59||$32,574||$68,725||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.53||$35,406||$77,148||7.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to pick the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a high reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by providing the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what expectations you should have about the installation process.
EcoWatch's Yankee Springs, MI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.