Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hudsonville, MI (Jan 2023)
- Hudsonville Solar Installation Cost: $11,664
- 25-Year Savings: $22,840
- Payback Period: 8.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hudsonville
When going solar, many homeowners decide to hire a solar installer since DIY solar panel installation can be a time-consuming project. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Hudsonville
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hudsonville
There are a number of factors that can determine your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to a variety of factors. One of the most significant factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with greater efficiency or power generation require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,810. The brand and type of equipment you choose for your solar system can raise or lower the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have limited roof space or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to greater savings over time. Plus, if you want additional equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar panels out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Hudsonville, which can reduce, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. While solar loans make adopting solar energy more accessible for Hudsonville homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to keep in mind when trying to estimate the cost of solar for your home or business in Hudsonville is the company you choose to install your PV system. As with choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for example, there are plenty of solar installers that offer a range of services for different budgets. Some companies only sell products with high efficiency and therefore a higher price point — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and choose a company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.92||$12,274||$22,637||8.8 years|
|8 kW||$2.87||$16,051||$30,497||8.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.81||$19,670||$38,514||8.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.75||$23,132||$46,689||8.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.70||$26,436||$55,022||8.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.64||$29,584||$63,512||7.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.59||$32,574||$72,159||7.8 years|
|20 kW||$2.53||$35,406||$80,963||7.6 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and model offers varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different prices as well. The company you choose plays a role in which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Warranty: A quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, make sure you look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Hudsonville, MI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.