Solar Panel Cost Guide in Battle Creek, MI (Feb 2023)
- Battle Creek Solar Installation Cost: $12,018
- 25-Year Savings: $22,278
- Payback Period: 8.8 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Battle Creek
Installing solar panels yourself can be a stressful project, which is why hiring a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. The expertise that solar installers offer can be valuable as well, especially if you aren't sure what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Battle Creek, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Battle Creek
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Battle Creek
The cost of installing a solar system in Battle Creek can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The largest one is the size of the system your home needs, and other factors include equipment choices, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by nearly $2,810. The solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you get the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your electric bills. Additionally, add-on products, such as solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Battle Creek average.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Battle Creek homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also adds to your total costs, so it's crucial to take that into consideration as well. You can always bring down the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by putting more money down.
Solar Panel Installation Company
A final factor to consider when trying to evaluate the cost of solar for your home or business in Battle Creek is the company you get to install your PV system. Similar to choosing a company to renovate your kitchen, for instance, you'll have no shortage of solar installers that provide a range of services at different costs. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you want and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.92||$12,274||$21,424||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.87||$16,051||$28,880||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.81||$19,670||$36,494||8.8 years|
|12 kW||$2.75||$23,132||$44,265||8.6 years|
|14 kW||$2.70||$26,436||$52,193||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.64||$29,584||$60,279||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.59||$32,574||$68,522||8.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.53||$35,406||$76,922||7.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many companies available in Battle Creek, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be tough, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have demonstrated expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, be sure to look it over completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you aren't sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Battle Creek, MI Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.