Solar Panel Cost Guide in Seat Pleasant, MD (Feb 2023)
- Seat Pleasant Solar Installation Cost: $10,568
- 25-Year Savings: $12,326
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Seat Pleasant
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it requires extra labor and knowledge. For that reason, most homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run because of their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Seat Pleasant
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Seat Pleasant
Although the average cost of a solar system in Seat Pleasant is $10,568, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are several factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to take into consideration.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar system in Seat Pleasant, one of the most important factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can figure out by looking at past energy bills. Your total cost can increase by around $2,770 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. In general, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also cost more. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on energy bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Seat Pleasant homeowners decide to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will affect your total cost to go solar. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their bigger brand name and access to bulk prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$13,082||12.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$17,753||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$22,579||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$27,561||11.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$32,697||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$37,989||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$43,435||10.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$49,037||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the type of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's efficiency, production, and durability, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some things to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. Two ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from previous customers.
- Warranty: A comprehensive, long-term warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for years to come and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
- Contract: When reading through your solar installer's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or the company going out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Seat Pleasant, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.