Solar Panel Cost Guide in Riverdale Park, MD (Feb 2023)
- Riverdale Park Solar Installation Cost: $10,568
- 25-Year Savings: $12,326
- Payback Period: 11.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Riverdale Park
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a way to cut costs, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Hiring an installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. The expertise that solar companies provide can be invaluable as well, especially if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment would be right for your home.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some in Riverdale Park:
See all of the solar companies in Riverdale Park
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Riverdale Park
For many Riverdale Park homeowners, the decision to go solar comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Riverdale Park, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a few factors that significantly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,770 per kilowatt in Riverdale Park. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Riverdale Park average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Riverdale Park offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's crucial to keep that in mind as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installation company you pick will affect your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company can sometimes play the most considerable role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower prices due to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or promotion can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$13,082||12.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$17,753||11.8 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$22,579||11.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$27,561||11.3 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$32,697||11.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$37,989||10.9 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$43,435||10.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$49,037||10.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Riverdale Park, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Picking the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from past customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies carry various brands and kinds of panels. If you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for panel repairs and maintenance over around 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Contract: Although reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Riverdale Park, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.