Solar Panel Cost Guide in Linthicum, MD (Jan 2023)
- Linthicum Solar Installation Cost: $10,354
- 25-Year Savings: $10,540
- Payback Period: 12.4 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Linthicum
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to hire a solar installer since putting up a solar system yourself can be a time-consuming project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be helpful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment you need.
If you'd like to make the switch to solar but still aren't sure which solar company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Linthicum:
See all of the solar companies in Linthicum
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Linthicum
For many Linthicum homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy comes down to cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Linthicum, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are several factors that considerably influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by around $2,770. The kind of solar equipment you choose can increase or decrease your cost by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. However, higher efficiency could save you more in the long run on your electric bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bring your total well above the Linthicum average.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Linthicum to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, almost every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in paying more over time because of interest. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of financing options, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you're only able to get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars more than the original cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low interest rate could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will affect your total cost to adopt solar power. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because they have access to greater resources and better pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,357||12.9 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,453||12.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,704||12.4 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$24,110||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,671||11.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$33,387||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$38,259||11.4 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$43,285||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Linthicum, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Contract: It's important to look over your solar installer's contract well to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the project timeline.
- Warranty: Warranties that cover replacement parts and repairs over a couple decades are the gold standard in the business, and offering that kind of warranty is one indication of a quality company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's Linthicum, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.