Solar Panel Cost Guide in Fallston, MD (Jan 2023)
- Fallston Solar Installation Cost: $10,820
- 25-Year Savings: $10,651
- Payback Period: 12.6 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Fallston
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since figuring out how to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Local solar companies can also help you maximize your return on investment by assisting with any local incentives and by providing warranties and repairs.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can take care of your solar installation project. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Fallston
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Fallston
There are many criteria that can play into your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have greater efficiency or power generation need better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,770. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Fallston, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be a better option. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for a solar system in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid option because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over five to seven years on average. You'll have to consider the long-term cost of loans, including the amount of interest you'll pay over the length of the loan. If you can only get a high-interest loan, then your total can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars above the equipment and labor cost. Making a larger down payment or getting a solar loan with a low APR could reduce your costs significantly.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar system can affect how much you pay. Fallston's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies compete with them by offering sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$10,978||13.1 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$14,947||12.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,072||12.6 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,352||12.4 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$27,786||12.1 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,376||11.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$37,121||11.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$42,022||11.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar panel system running for years to come and save you money on part replacement and repairs.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for sustainable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, longevity and efficiency. They will come at different costs as well. The company you choose impacts which solar panel brands you have access to.
EcoWatch's Fallston, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.