Solar Panel Cost Guide in Bel Air, MD (Feb 2023)
- Bel Air Solar Installation Cost: $10,820
- 25-Year Savings: $10,844
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Bel Air
Although it's possible to install solar panels by yourself, it takes extra energy and handiness. That's one of the reasons the majority of homeowners choose a solar panel installer. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, particularly if you aren't sure what type of solar equipment you need.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some in Bel Air:
See all of the solar companies in Bel Air
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Bel Air
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Bel Air is $10,820, your final cost may differ. There are quite a few factors that can have a major impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of installing solar panels is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more electricity your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay about $2,770 per kilowatt in Bel Air. The type of solar panels and equipment you get is another factor that will considerably impact costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Moreover, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on utility bills over many years, but they can also be a big investment. That's why many Bel Air homeowners choose to finance their solar panel systems to make going solar more affordable. It's a good idea to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you choose will impact your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in your total costs. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing because of greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they can sometimes have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing down to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,184||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,223||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,416||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,765||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,269||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,928||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$37,742||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$42,711||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you decide on the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar system is installed, such as repairing your electrical system or roof.
- Solar Panel Brands: The kind of solar panel you need plays a role in which company you should opt for, since different companies have access to different panels.
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand what services your solar company will provide and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has good reviews from past customers.
EcoWatch's Bel Air, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.