Solar Panel Cost Guide in Aberdeen, MD (Feb 2023)
- Aberdeen Solar Installation Cost: $10,820
- 25-Year Savings: $10,844
- Payback Period: 12.5 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Aberdeen
Many homeowners opt for a solar installer since trying to install solar panels yourself can be a labor-intensive endeavor. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Aberdeen, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Aberdeen
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Aberdeen
There are several criteria that can influence your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that affects the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's crucial to accurately assess the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your average energy use. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, higher efficiency could save you more over time on your energy bills. In addition, add-on products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Aberdeen average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Aberdeen offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing solar. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar installer you select will play a role in your total cost to make the switch to solar energy. Different companies will charge different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their bigger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$2.88||$12,099||$11,184||13.0 years|
|8 kW||$2.83||$15,822||$15,223||12.7 years|
|10 kW||$2.77||$19,390||$19,416||12.5 years|
|12 kW||$2.71||$22,803||$23,765||12.2 years|
|14 kW||$2.66||$26,060||$28,269||12.0 years|
|16 kW||$2.60||$29,163||$32,928||11.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.55||$32,110||$37,742||11.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.49||$34,902||$42,711||11.2 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar panel company you go with will affect not only your overall costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should keep in mind, including:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Contract: Review the contract terms closely to make sure you understand how much it will cost, completion timeline incentives and warranties.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to get the job done well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
EcoWatch's Aberdeen, MD Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.