Solar Panel Cost Guide in Yarmouth Port, MA (Feb 2023)
- Yarmouth Port Solar Installation Cost: $8,479
- 25-Year Savings: $17,624
- Payback Period: 8.1 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Yarmouth Port
Many homeowners decide to hire a solar panel installer since installing solar panels yourself can be time-consuming. The expertise that solar installers provide can be helpful as well, particularly if you don't quite know what brand of solar equipment would be right for your home.
If you're looking for a solar company in Yarmouth Port, we've organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Yarmouth Port
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Yarmouth Port
Though the average cost of a solar system in Yarmouth Port is $8,479, your actual cost may be above or below the average. There are many factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar system installation. Below are some of the more important things to keep in mind.
The size of the solar energy system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most important cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,940. There are several different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. In general, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you want to install can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels out of pocket is too expensive, solar loans are an affordable choice because they decrease your upfront costs and let you pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's a good idea to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay off the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last major cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Yarmouth Port, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. You may notice national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk equipment prices, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those major players.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$25,148||8.5 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$33,860||8.3 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$42,737||8.1 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$51,778||8.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$60,984||7.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$70,355||7.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$79,890||7.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$89,590||7.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the company you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar company, be sure to look it over carefully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're unsure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and energy needs. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're on the same page with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panel system is installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Yarmouth Port, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.