Solar Panel Cost Guide in Uxbridge, MA (Jan 2023)
- Uxbridge Solar Installation Cost: $9,220
- 25-Year Savings: $16,705
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Uxbridge
Trying to install solar panels by yourself can be a stressful task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Companies can also offer access to a large variety of the best solar panels and help you pick which one will be right for your home.
If you'd like to go solar but still aren't certain which solar panel company to go with, here are our recommendations for providers in Uxbridge:
See all of the solar companies in Uxbridge
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Uxbridge
The cost of installing a solar system in Uxbridge can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost is dependent on several factors. The biggest one is the size of the system your household needs, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,940. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. Generally, the brands that have better efficiency tend to also be more expensive. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to install can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar companies in Uxbridge offer solar loans, which reduce your upfront costs of installing a solar system. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of renewable energy solutions in Uxbridge, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Uxbridge are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$21,895||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$29,523||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$37,315||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$45,272||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$53,393||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$61,680||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$70,130||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$78,746||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you select the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Solar system installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years in most cases offer good-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar installer, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what the warranty covers and if there are any guarantees about energy production.
- Installation Process: Get detailed information from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, such as when the site survey will be done and what the project timeline is.
- Solar Panel Brands: Different companies will offer different brands and models of panels. If you know you want a specific brand, make sure the solar panel installer you're considering has it.
EcoWatch's Uxbridge, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.