Solar Panel Cost Guide in Taunton, MA (Feb 2023)
- Taunton Solar Installation Cost: $8,911
- 25-Year Savings: $16,065
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Taunton
Do-it-yourself solar panel installation is a possibility, but it's an undertaking that can use up a lot of your time and energy. Taking advantage of a solar panel installer can make your switch to solar power much easier. A solar installer can also help save you money over time by providing warranties, repairs and component replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in Taunton, the EcoWatch team has put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Taunton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Taunton
Cost is often one of the most important factors for homeowners who are considering investing in solar. There are a few major factors that affect your total cost in Taunton: solar equipment and system size, financing options and the solar installation company you choose. We'll discuss each of these briefly below.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of adopting solar energy is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more power your household consumes, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend around $2,940 per kilowatt in Taunton. The type of solar equipment you choose can bring your price up or down by thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars. If you choose the most efficient solar panel brands, you'll end up paying more upfront than if you opted for the most affordable panels. On the other hand, more efficient panels could save you more over time on your energy bills. Additionally, extra products, like solar batteries, can bump up your total well above the Taunton average.
Solar Financing Terms
Most solar installers in Taunton provide solar loans, which reduce the initial cost of installing a solar system. Even though solar loans make going solar more accessible for Taunton homeowners, they can also add to the total you pay for your system due to interest. If you make a larger down payment, though, you can cut back on how much interest you have to pay.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The remaining key cost factor you should consider is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Taunton, you'll have lots of options to choose from, but each comes at various price points for labor and equipment. Additionally, some companies in Taunton are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you take advantage of additional rebates or tax exemptions. However, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$21,777||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$29,365||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$37,118||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$45,036||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$53,118||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$61,365||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$69,776||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$78,352||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
Since the brand of solar panels and the installer you choose has an impact on your costs and your system's durability and efficiency, it's important to select the right ones for you. Here are some tips to keep in mind to help with your decision:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it likely has a good reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can check your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Contract: When looking through your solar company's contract, ask for clarification about any terms you're not sure of and make sure you understand what happens in scenarios like a system part breaking or if the company goes out of business.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which kind of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
- Warranty: An all-inclusive, 25-year warranty can help keep your solar system running for a long time and save you money on repairs and maintenance.
EcoWatch's Taunton, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.