Solar Panel Cost Guide in Stow, MA (Jan 2023)
- Stow Solar Installation Cost: $9,179
- 25-Year Savings: $14,074
- Payback Period: 9.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Stow
Putting up solar panels by yourself can be a challenging task, which is why using a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Another benefit of using a solar company is that they can help you maximize your ROI by reducing your future costs of repairs and replacements due to warranties and informing you of local incentives you can take advantage of.
You can get a free quote from a local solar installer on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some in Stow:
See all of the solar companies in Stow
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Stow
There are a number of factors that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that does the installation.
When it comes to estimating the price of a solar energy system in Stow, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are primarily based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your overall cost can increase by around $2,940 for each additional kilowatt you need. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Stow, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. In addition, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is out of reach, solar loans are a popular choice because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. It's wise to add the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and how long it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar system can influence the cost. Stow's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally come at a higher cost. It's best to do some research and decide on the company that offers the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also is within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$18,443||10.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$24,920||10.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$31,561||9.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$38,367||9.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$45,338||9.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$52,474||9.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$59,774||9.1 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$67,238||8.9 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies available in Stow, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Selecting the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Warranty: A high-quality company rises above other companies by offering the gold standard warranty — a 25-year, all-inclusive warranty covering parts, labor and performance.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a sound reputation as a company and have proven expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians that hold a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has positive reviews from previous customers.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can make sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Stow, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.