Solar Panel Cost Guide in South Hadley, MA (Jan 2023)
- South Hadley Solar Installation Cost: $9,282
- 25-Year Savings: $13,144
- Payback Period: 10.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in South Hadley
When making the switch to solar, many homeowners choose to use a solar installer since installing a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. The expertise that solar installers offer can be useful as well, especially if you aren't sure what kind of solar equipment you need.
If you're on the hunt for a solar company in South Hadley, the EcoWatch team has compiled a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in South Hadley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in South Hadley
Even though the average cost of a solar system in South Hadley is $9,282, your final cost may be above or below the average. There are quite a few factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more important things to consider.
One of the most important factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to pay around $2,940 per kilowatt in South Hadley. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you pick also changes the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that offer higher efficiency tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Solar panels can save you money on power bills over many years, but they can also be a significant investment. That's why many South Hadley homeowners opt to finance their solar panel systems to make paying for solar more affordable. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can lower the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you hire to install your solar panel system can influence how much it costs. South Hadley's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies usually have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or additional services like electric vehicle charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$16,996||10.8 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$22,991||10.6 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$29,151||10.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$35,475||10.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$41,963||9.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$48,617||9.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$55,435||9.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$62,417||9.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you opt for will be a major factor in determining not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are several important things you should keep in mind, such as:
- Installation Process: Homeowners should understand how exactly the installation process will be carried out, as well as important factors like the project timeline.
- Contract: It's important to read your solar installer's contract closely to understand what services they will provide, what the warranty covers and what you can expect about the installation process.
- Solar Panel Brands: Each solar panel brand and type has varying levels of quality, durability and efficiency. They will come at different price points as well. The company you choose has an impact on which solar panel brands you have access to.
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a respected certification organization for clean energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a solid reputation and is qualified to do the job well. Another way you can look into your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
EcoWatch's South Hadley, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.