Solar Panel Cost Guide in Norfolk, MA (Feb 2023)
- Norfolk Solar Installation Cost: $9,076
- 25-Year Savings: $16,938
- Payback Period: 8.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Norfolk
Although you can install solar panels on your own, it takes extra effort and knowledge. For that reason, almost all homeowners choose to go with a solar panel installer. Plus, if you aren't sure what brand of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar expert can help you figure that out after a site survey and consultation.
There are a number of licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Norfolk
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Norfolk
There are a number of factors that can influence your solar system installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar system.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that determines the overall cost of installing solar panels. Because of that, it's a priority to accurately ascertain the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The type of solar panels and equipment you want is another factor that will greatly impact costs. Solar panels that are more efficient, like monocrystalline panels, tend to come at a higher price. Furthermore, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to make decisions about the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking into a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for a solar system out of pocket can be challenging. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Norfolk, which can lower, or in some cases completely eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more affordable. However, the interest on solar loans also increases your overall costs, so it's vital to consider that as well. You can always reduce the total you pay in interest and possibly even your APR by making a larger down payment.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you opt for to install your solar panel system can play a part in determining your pricing. Norfolk's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Additionally, some companies in Norfolk are more knowledgeable about local solar incentives and can help you learn about additional rebates or tax exemptions. Though, they may charge more for walking you through the whole process. Even if they cost more upfront, they could end up saving you more money in the long run.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$22,562||9.1 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$30,411||8.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$38,426||8.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$46,605||8.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$54,949||8.4 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$63,457||8.2 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$72,130||8.0 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$80,968||7.8 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar company about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and how long it will take.
- Warranty: Companies typically offer different types of warranties that provide different kinds of coverage. A 25-year, all-inclusive warranty is the gold standard.
- Contract: Before you sign a contract with a solar installer, make sure to read it through fully so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not certain about some of the terms, such as what to do if a component breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of options before deciding.
EcoWatch's Norfolk, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.