Solar Panel Cost Guide in Longmeadow, MA (Jan 2023)
- Longmeadow Solar Installation Cost: $9,199
- 25-Year Savings: $15,732
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Longmeadow
Trying to install solar panels on your own can be a time-consuming undertaking, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. A solar company can also help save you money in the long run by offering warranties, repairs and part replacements.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Longmeadow, we've put together a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Longmeadow
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Longmeadow
There are a number of criteria that can influence your total installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that performs the installation.
When it comes to estimating the cost of solar panels in Longmeadow, one of the most crucial factors is the size of the system you need. Solar systems are sized by kilowatts (kW) and are chiefly based on your home's energy usage, which you can gauge by looking at past power bills. Your total cost can increase by about $2,940 for each additional kilowatt you need. There are a lot of different solar panel brands and the one you choose also affects the cost. Generally speaking, the brands that are more efficient tend to also cost more. In addition, the type of equipment you're looking to get can affect your total cost. If you only need panels, your system will be far less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Longmeadow to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Thankfully, nearly every solar installer in the area provides financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in a higher cost over time due to interest. It's wise to include the interest you'll pay in your final cost estimate. If you can afford to put more money down upfront, you can reduce your total costs and the amount of time it'll take to pay back the loan.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installer you choose will influence your total cost to adopt solar energy. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$20,592||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$27,785||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$35,143||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$42,666||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$50,353||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$58,205||8.7 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$66,221||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$74,403||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The company that does your system installation will affect the warranties and brands you have access to, and it will also have an impact on your total cost. Since picking a company can be a challenge, we have some tips to help you, such as:
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the installer in regard to how the installation process will go and what needs to be done before your solar panels are installed, such as updating or replacing your electrical system or roof.
- Reputation: Long-running companies likely have a good reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you need to install plays a role in which installer you should go with, since different companies provide different panels.
- Contract: Before signing a contract with a solar company, be sure to read it through completely so you understand the terms. Also, ask questions if you're not sure about some of the terms, such as what to do if a part breaks or malfunctions and what services you can expect from them.
EcoWatch's Longmeadow, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.