Solar Panel Cost Guide in Holbrook, MA (Feb 2023)
- Holbrook Solar Installation Cost: $9,076
- 25-Year Savings: $16,219
- Payback Period: 9.0 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Holbrook
When switching to solar energy, many homeowners prefer to use a solar installation company since handling can be a time-consuming project. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you may need, a solar company can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free quote on how much solar panels could cost for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Holbrook
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Holbrook
Even though the average cost of a solar system in Holbrook is $9,076, your final cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a sizable impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
The cost of solar panels varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the notable factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems that have better efficiency or power production use better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can raise costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,940. Some solar panel brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more expensive upfront but also tend to offer higher efficiency. In a city like Holbrook, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Also, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is too expensive, solar loans are a solid route because they lower your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you go with a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Finally, the company you hire to install your solar panels can influence how much it costs. Holbrook's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. You may come across national solar installers that have lower prices due to their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or promotions to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$21,583||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$29,107||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$36,795||9.0 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$44,648||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$52,666||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$60,848||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$69,195||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$77,706||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Contract: Even though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to ask for their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Your solar installer should have a solid reputation as a company and have verifiable expertise in the field. A couple of ways to check this are to look for whether a company has technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) and if it has satisfied reviews from past customers.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar power, it's essential to maintain an open line of communication with your solar panel installer. Make sure you understand how the installation process will go and the completion timeline.
EcoWatch's Holbrook, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.