Solar Panel Cost Guide in Hadley, MA (Jan 2023)
- Hadley Solar Installation Cost: $9,282
- 25-Year Savings: $14,606
- Payback Period: 9.7 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Hadley
Putting up solar panels on your own can be a challenging task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with a high reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are several licensed solar professionals that can help you install your solar system. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Hadley
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Hadley
Though the average cost of a solar system in Hadley is $9,282, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to keep in mind.
The cost of solar panel systems varies by thousands of dollars due to some different factors. One of the main factors is the system size, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). Solar power systems with better efficiency or power production require better technology and/or more equipment, both of which can increase costs. For each additional kilowatt you need, your cost can go up by about $2,940. There are many different solar panel brands and the one you choose also changes the cost. In many cases, the brands that are more efficient tend to also be more expensive. Plus, the type of equipment you choose can affect your total cost. If you just need panels, your system will be much less expensive than if you also need solar batteries or an electric vehicle charger.
Solar Financing Terms
If paying for solar panels in cash is difficult, solar loans are an affordable option because they decrease your upfront costs and allow you to pay for your system over a term of, on average, between five and seven years. Although solar loans make going solar more accessible for Hadley homeowners, they can also raise the total you pay for your system, depending on your interest rate. If you put down a larger down payment, though, you can avoid paying as much in interest.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar company you choose to handle your switch to clean energy can play a role in your total costs. There are about 3 solar installation companies in Hadley, and each can charge different amounts for labor and equipment. Larger national companies generally have lower costs, but some local companies undercut them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$18,942||10.1 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$25,585||9.9 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$32,393||9.7 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$39,366||9.5 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$46,503||9.3 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$53,805||9.1 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$61,272||8.9 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$68,903||8.7 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a lot of solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel models and price points. To help you pick the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: Make sure your solar company has a good reputation by verifying it has certifications and licenses, checking how long it's been in business and reading reviews by previous customers and solar experts like EcoWatch.
- Warranty: Warranties that provide coverage for defective panels and repairs over a long period of time such as 25 years are the gold standard in the business, and offering such a warranty is one indication of a good company.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and energy needs. Although there are many options for which type of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to take a look at their list of offerings before deciding.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it carefully so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and how part repairs and replacements will be handled.
EcoWatch's Hadley, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.