Solar Panel Cost Guide in Foxborough, MA (Feb 2023)
- Foxborough Solar Installation Cost: $9,076
- 25-Year Savings: $16,281
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Foxborough
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar company since putting up a solar system yourself can be a difficult project. Plus, if you're not certain what brand of solar panels and equipment you need, a solar expert can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
Working with a licensed solar company can make going solar easier. Here are our recommendations:
See all of the solar companies in Foxborough
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Foxborough
Although the average cost of a solar system in Foxborough is $9,076, your actual cost may be higher or lower than that. There are several factors that can have a significant impact on the cost of a residential solar panel installation. Below are some of the more crucial things to consider.
One of the most significant factors to consider when it comes to the cost of going solar is the size of the solar system, which is measured in kilowatts (kW). The more energy your household uses, the larger your system will likely need to be. You can expect to spend about $2,940 per kilowatt in Foxborough. Some solar brands — like Maxeon from SunPower — are more costly upfront but also tend to offer better efficiency. In a city like Foxborough, where sunlight is relatively abundant, efficiency can quickly pay off. Plus, if you have a small roof or limited space for your panels, higher efficiency options will be more impactful. Additional equipment like electric vehicle chargers and solar batteries will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Foxborough to be too expensive, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area provides financing options. Solar loans drastically decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time due to interest. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you choose to go with a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
Lastly, the company you get to install your solar system can play a part in determining the cost. Foxborough's solar companies all have different labor costs and add varying upcharges to equipment. Larger national companies typically have lower costs, but some local companies keep up with them by promoting sales and discounts. While the smaller companies might not have access to specific equipment options like Tesla Powerwall batteries or add-on services like electric car charger installation, they might be cheaper overall.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$21,668||9.3 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$29,220||9.1 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$36,937||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$44,818||8.8 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$52,864||8.6 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$61,074||8.4 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$69,449||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$77,989||8.1 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are many solar installers to choose from, all of which offer different warranties, solar panel brands and price points. To help you find the right company for you, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Reputation: The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is a well-established certification organization for renewable energy professionals. If your solar panel installer is NABCEP-certified, it most likely has a good reputation and is qualified to install your solar system. Another way you can research your installer's reputation is by reading reviews.
- Solar Panel Brands: The type of solar panel you'd like to get plays a part in which company you should opt for, since different companies provide different panels.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can be tedious, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
- Installation Process: Make sure you're aligned with the company with regard to how the installation process will go and what you need to do before your solar system is installed, such as updating your electrical system or roof.
EcoWatch's Foxborough, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.