Solar Panel Cost Guide in Clinton, MA (Jan 2023)
- Clinton Solar Installation Cost: $9,220
- 25-Year Savings: $15,836
- Payback Period: 9.2 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Clinton
Installing solar panels by yourself can be a stressful task, which is why getting a solar installation company is a good option for many homeowners. Also, companies with an outstanding reputation that cost more upfront could actually save you money in the long term due to their warranties, repair services and expert design.
If you're on the hunt for a solar installer in Clinton, the EcoWatch team has organized a list of our top suggestions here:
See all of the solar companies in Clinton
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Clinton
For many Clinton homeowners, the decision to adopt solar energy depends on cost. However, the range of solar installation costs can be quite wide in Clinton, with typical prices between $20,000 to $40,000. There are a number of factors that greatly influence the price you'll pay, which we'll go over below.
The size of the solar energy system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, your total will most likely increase by about $2,940. The brand and kind of equipment you choose for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a trusted brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these are often more expensive than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you will be looking at a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want add-ons like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Clinton to be too steep, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar company in the area offers financing options. Solar loans remarkably decrease upfront costs for most homeowners, but they also result in a higher cost over time due to interest. When figuring out your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying more upfront can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The solar panel installation company you select will influence your total cost to go solar. Different companies will bill different amounts for the equipment and labor. You may see national solar installers that have lower prices because of their larger brand name and access to bulk pricing, or you might see small, local installation companies offering deals or specials to compete with those larger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$20,731||9.6 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$27,971||9.4 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$35,375||9.2 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$42,944||9.0 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$50,678||8.8 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$58,576||8.6 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$66,639||8.5 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$74,867||8.3 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar installer you choose will impact not only your total costs, but also the kinds of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you can get. When choosing a solar company, there are some important things you should consider, such as:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you ask for their list of offerings before deciding.
- Installation Process: When making the switch to solar energy, it's necessary to keep an open line of communication with your solar panel company. Confirm that you understand how the installation process will go and the project completion timeline.
- Reputation: Solar installers that have great reviews from their customers and that have been in business for many years likely provide high-quality solar panel installation and expertise.
- Contract: Though reading through a contract can take a lot of time, it's important to do it thoroughly so you can be sure you understand how much the equipment and services will cost and the terms of the warranty.
EcoWatch's Clinton, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.