Solar Panel Cost Guide in Burlington, MA (Feb 2023)
- Burlington Solar Installation Cost: $9,179
- 25-Year Savings: $16,719
- Payback Period: 8.9 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Burlington
Trying to put up solar panels on your own can be a dangerous task, which is why hiring a solar installer is a good option for many homeowners. Plus, if you aren't sure what kind of solar panels and equipment you want, a solar installer can help you find the right equipment for you after a site survey and consultation.
You can work with a local solar installer to get a free estimate on the cost of solar panels for your home. Here are some nearby:
See all of the solar companies in Burlington
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Burlington
The cost of installing a solar system in Burlington can vary by more than $10,000 from home to home. Your actual cost depends on several factors. The most significant one is the size of the system you need, and other factors include the equipment you choose, financing options and the solar installer you choose.
The size of the solar system you need to offset your energy usage, which is measured in kilowatts, is the most significant cost factor to consider. For every additional kilowatt you need, you can expect your total to increase by about $2,940. The brand and kind of equipment you get for your solar system can increase or decrease the price quite significantly. If you prefer a brand name like Tesla or SunPower, these often come at a higher price than other brands. Efficiency also matters. Whether you're opting for high efficiency because you have a small roof or just want maximum energy production, you can expect a higher equipment cost, but this can typically lead to more savings over time. Plus, if you want extra equipment like an electric vehicle charger or solar batteries, this will also increase the cost.
Solar Financing Terms
Many homeowners find the average cost of solar in Burlington to be too costly, even if the investment pays off over time. Fortunately, almost every solar installer in the area provides access to financing options. Solar loans greatly decrease upfront costs in most cases, but they also result in a higher cost over time because of interest. When considering your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you opt for a solar loan. Also, paying more on your down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The final key cost factor you should keep in mind is the installer you choose. Given the booming popularity of clean energy solutions in Burlington, you'll have plenty of options to choose from, but each comes at varying price points for labor and equipment. The size of the company sometimes plays the most significant role in the cost of installation. Larger national companies, like SunPro and Sunrun, often have lower pricing due to greater resources and bulk pricing. Smaller local companies might be more costly, but they generally have better customer service and more customization options, and the occasional sale or discount can bring their pricing lower to compete with bigger companies.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$22,002||9.2 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$29,665||9.0 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$37,493||8.9 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$45,486||8.7 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$53,643||8.5 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$61,965||8.3 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$70,452||8.2 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$79,103||8.0 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
The solar company you opt for will impact not only your total costs, but also the types of solar panel brands, warranties, and other equipment you have access to. When choosing a solar company, there are a few important things you should take into account, including:
- Installation Process: An important thing to understand when adopting solar energy is the installation process itself. Be sure to align on any details you need to know with your solar company, such as what permits you should secure and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: Review the contract terms carefully to make sure you understand the total cost, project timeline incentives and warranties.
- Reputation: Companies that have been in business for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar project through, but will also provide adequate aftercare and customer service, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels based on their roof configurations and how much efficiency they need. Although there are many options for which brand of solar panel you can get, not every company will have the exact one you may want or need, so be sure to peruse their list of offerings before making your decision.
EcoWatch's Burlington, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.