Solar Panel Cost Guide in Adams, MA (Feb 2023)
- Adams Solar Installation Cost: $9,302
- 25-Year Savings: $15,629
- Payback Period: 9.3 Years
See cost of a solar system near you:
Please enter a valid 5-digit zip code!
Why you can trust EcoWatch
Top Solar Installers in Adams
When going solar, many homeowners prefer to go with a solar installation company since handling can be a time-consuming project. Also, companies with a good reputation that are more expensive upfront could actually save you money in the long run with their warranties, repair services and expert design.
There are various licensed solar professionals that can install solar panels for you. Here are our suggestions:
See all of the solar companies in Adams
Factors that Affect Solar Panel Costs in Adams
There are several criteria that can play into your installation cost, such as the size of your system, the equipment you choose, your financing options and the specific company that installs your solar panels.
Solar system size, which is measured in kilowatts, is one of the largest factors that influences the overall cost of going solar. That's why it's a priority to accurately gauge the size of the solar energy system needed for your home by figuring out your typical energy use. The brand of solar panels and equipment you choose is another factor that will significantly influence costs. Solar panels that have higher efficiency, like monocrystalline panels, tend to be more pricey. Further, solar equipment goes beyond just the solar panels themselves. You'll also need to decide on the kind of racks used to mount the panels, inverters, solar batteries, etc. It's important to take all of this into consideration when looking for a solar system that falls within your budget.
Solar Financing Terms
For some homeowners, paying for solar out of pocket can be financially overwhelming. Solar loans are offered by most installers in Adams, which can bring down, or in some cases eliminate, your upfront costs to make solar more accessible. When estimating your overall cost, you should also calculate the interest you'll pay if you decide on a solar loan. Also, paying a higher down payment can reduce the total interest paid over time.
Solar Panel Installation Company
The last key cost factor you should take into consideration is the installer you choose. Given the growing popularity of renewable energy solutions in Adams, you'll have a great number of options to choose from, but each comes at different price points for labor and equipment. Some companies only sell high-efficiency and high-priced products — like Maxeon solar panels from SunPower or Tesla Powerwall batteries — so choosing those installers will generally cost more. It's best to do some research and find a company that has the products, warranties and services you're looking for and also fits within your budget.
Solar Panel Cost Data by System Size
|System size||Cost per system watt||Solar system cost||25-Year savings||Payback period|
|6 kW||$3.06||$12,842||$20,278||9.7 years|
|8 kW||$3.00||$16,793||$27,367||9.5 years|
|10 kW||$2.94||$20,580||$34,621||9.3 years|
|12 kW||$2.88||$24,202||$42,039||9.1 years|
|14 kW||$2.82||$27,660||$49,621||8.9 years|
|16 kW||$2.76||$30,952||$57,369||8.8 years|
|18 kW||$2.70||$34,080||$65,281||8.6 years|
|20 kW||$2.65||$37,044||$73,357||8.4 years|
How to Save on Solar Panels
There are a large number of companies to choose from in Adams, and some homeowners feel overwhelmed considering their options. Choosing the right company for you can be challenging, so here are some tips to help you decide:
- Solar Panel Brands: Homeowners will have different preferences for panels depending on their locations and how much efficiency they need. While there are many options for which model of solar panel you can get, not every company will have access to the exact one you may want or need, so make sure you peruse their list of options before making your decision.
- Reputation: Companies that have been operating for many years likely have a solid reputation. This is important because it ensures that it will not only see your solar installation through, but will also provide quality aftercare and customer support, such as part repairs and replacements.
- Installation Process: Get details from your solar installer about the installation process and what to expect, including when the site survey will be completed and what the project timeline is.
- Contract: When reading through your solar company's contract, ask questions about any terms you're not sure of and be sure you understand what happens in scenarios such as a system component breaking or if the company goes out of business.
EcoWatch's Adams, MA Solar Cost FAQs
Our goal is to reach as many people as we can with sensible solutions like solar energy. Our team of full-time local researchers collects solar price and installation data for every city in America then compiles it to create these digestible city guides. If you want to read our solar expert's opinion on the top solar companies featured here, follow this link.